Activities that took place during 2013
We had a very successful and rewarding time last year running many activities throughout the year where lots of families were able to join in. We also provided a number of courses where people from the local community were able to participate and learn new things. A number of the activities are listed below.
- Family Nutrition / Let’s Cook sessions.
- The Blessing Bin – 15 Christmas hampers distributed to families in the local area.
- The Let’s Cook course was featured on South Today.
- Easter Fayre with display from Assisting Dogs.
- Capture the Memory – I.T. training and album pictures produced.
- Visit to Longmead Community Farm.
- School Uniform provision.
- Start of TRC Job Club running over the year in 6 week blocks.
- Choir concert and start of The Good Food Community Caff – we were awarded 5 stars!
- Sewing, craft sessions and card making.
- Scottish Supper during the Christmas holidays.
- Increased local publicity and developing links with Job Centre Plus.
- Launch of the G.P. Listening service.
- Increasing support for families in crisis.