The courses lasted for 6 weeks and ran throughout this year – now finished.
It was open to East Dorset residents and was free to attend.
Our programme ran from 9.30 – 11.30 including:
- I.T. support with accessing Direct.gov
- Identifying transferable skills set
- Planning, writing and printing C.Vs and cover letters
- Job interview preparation – building confidence
- Using the internet and local papers to search for jobs
- Help with following up job leads
- Signposting to local vacancies in paid and voluntary work
11.30 – 12.30 CAP Money ran for the last hour, and was optional for those signed up for our 6 week programme.
CAP Money is a great money management system, helping you to budget, save and spend wisely.
12.30 FREE HOME-MADE SOUP AND ROLL LUNCH
For further info drop into the Centre any Wednesday or phone Susan on 07866 692528
Come along to the BUS STOP CLUB I.T workshop
Priority will be given to Job Club clients
Sessions will run with a maximum of 10 learners
Our time spent at Longmead Farm in the summer of 2013 was very great fun. We had time to chill out in the garden space, spend time with the farm animals – especially the goats, collect the eggs for tea time and spend time decorating a wall hanging to take back with us to the Bus Stop Club.
Learners can choose from the following options:
- Write your first C.V.
- Update your C.V. – bring on a memory stick.
- Write a general cover letter.
- Write a cover letter with a specific job in mind.
- Practise your general letter writing skills.
– please bring your job skills, dates of employment and training, and details of previous and current job experience with you.
– If you have your own laptop you are welcome to use it, as this makes more room for other learners.
This I.T. workshop is for adults NOT enrolled on any other Job Club or I.T. course.
Please phone Susan on 07866 692528 to book a place.
For 6 weeks every Wednesday morning our tutors would love to help you prepare for that next job. We cover much more than C.V.s and cover letters – we also help you to identify the personal and work transferable skills you have and can take to any job situation, and you can practise your interview skills too. If you are an adult and out of work why not give us a go? Phone to book a place on the next free course which starts 29 April.
You can also update and practice your I.T. skills on Thursday mornings – but please phone in advance to see if we have any spare places.
Courses are funded by South West Foundation – Learning Curve.