June 2015 – Thanks to the Lions, we went shopping at Macro’s for kitchen supplies – much appreciated!
As a voluntary community organisation we need funding, donations and helpers so that we can continue to work to provide support to families and adults. If you are able to provide any of the following support please get in touch:
- Continued funding, especially for core costs.
- Project funding for upgrading I.T. equipment.
- More volunteers are always welcome – either hands-on during after school activities, in school holidays, Friday evenings for Café clear-up, or to serve on the Management Committee – we especially need a treasurer.
- Helpers at our one-off events, such as our annual Easter Fayre.
- Ask us about The Bus Stop Club ‘Supporter’s Club’ to give individual donations.
- We need befrienders to support our CAP centre this year and into next year.
We appreciate all the help that we get either financially or through volunteers giving their time in order for us to continue offering our range of community support activities.
Our programme at the Turbary Resource Centre for January to July 2014
For further info phone Susan on 07866 692528.
Visitors are welcome to come along any Wednesday afternoon during the school term time.
The Bus Stop Club started as a small Faithworks community project at Turbary Church, Ferndown in 2006 and we are now a registered charitable company.
What are our aims?
- to offer support and a listening ear to parents, families, individuals and young people living in Heatherlands. Where appropriate, to signpost families and individuals with specific needs to local support services.
- to facilitate quality family-time activities for parents and primary school children, and to offer support with homework for older children.
- to promote healthy family and community relationships through providing parenting workshops, practical advice / support for healthy eating, improving adult literacy skills, building self confidence, and in other areas in response to specific needs.